Monday, March 2, 2009

The River is Back

Winter finally released its icy grip on the Madison River this week. Ken and I were out yesterday walking its banks when we came upon a lone fisherman pleased to finally find openings along the banks.

It seems my winter has been focused on the river. I did not realize how much I missed watching it flow and hearing its soothing sounds. It is great to see the ducks and eagles once again feeding off the river’s bounty.

It was sixty-one degrees yesterday. When we returned from our river journey we enjoyed a cup of hot tea outside on the deck and talked with a friend. Today I have a sun and wind burned face. It feels so good.

I noticed some of our trees are budding.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Looks like a picturesque location -- but a bit frigid for me.

    ReplyDelete