Wednesday, August 18, 2010

A Day Trip to the Park






We took time out of our busy schedule to venture into Yellowstone Park recently.  It was a most spectacular day.  We took our time and explored areas on foot that in the past we had driven past in a rush to see as much as possible in one day.

We walked in the forest, along the rivers and streams and peered closely at the amazing vents that emit steam from inside the earth.

As we stood in the midst of these vast miracles of nature I was reminded of just how small my part is in this incredible universe.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely, I have not been to Yellowstone Park since 1970...it was so crowded. And, since I live by Glacier, I don't have the desire to drive that far anymore! But it would be fun to take an adventure that way and see Yellowstone again. Maybe more in the off season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy, I was surprised the park was not more crowded. I would love to visit Glacier. We are blessed to live in such a beautiful state.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never been there, thought Yellowstone sounds great to me for years... Only have been to the Algonquin national park in Canada. I LOVE hiking in those natural parks because it makes me feel part of this world somehow, even if you don't see other people at all! I actually didn't know I would like this, until the first time in 2000 when I went to Nova Scotia. In The Netherlands we have forests, especially where I live now, but nothing to compare with what you have there in the States! I guess I have to follow my daughter's advice 'we are going to America' soon! (She's not even 3 y.o.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trix, I know you will come to America with your daughter and I will have the pleasure of being your guide.

    ReplyDelete