Saturday, November 20, 2010

Yesterday and Today

 Yesterday

Today

Yesterday we were busy preparing for the predicted storm.  Temperatures stayed in the low thirties most of the day.  The absence of wind was welcome as we rushed to complete our errands before the arrival of the arctic air.

Snow fell all day yesterday and continued into the night.  We woke this morning to ten degree temperatures and about four inches of snow.  

It continues to snow now.  They are predicting as much as twelve inches in town and two feet in the passes.  Temperatures are expected to drop to below zero with highs in the single digits the day before Thanksgiving.

The birds have been feeding all day long.  I filled the feeders twice.  

One of my friends further north reported three feet of snow.  I think winter is here to stay.



2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures, Penny! Really cold and snow up north here! Way too early for a hard winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. We had such a wonderful fall. I enjoy watching the snow fall. As long as I can watch from a warm cozy couch indoors.

    ReplyDelete