Friday, December 31, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside!

Photo by Penny Hall,  my work table

Photo by Penny Hall, ice on the window
It was about ten below zero when we woke this morning.  Ice formed around the metal windows and sliding glass door.  The door froze shut and the lock on the front door froze as well.

Needless to say I am happy to be indoors working in my studio.  It is warm and cozy inside.  Outside the birds are busy dining at the feeders and the deer are cleaning up any seeds that fall to the ground.

The mother deer has been tilting one of the feeders and emptying it.  I think I managed to place it high enough to prevent that from happening again.  So far it seems to be working.

It is hard to tell exactly how much snow we got from the storm.  The wind blew constantly.  I would guess it was somewhere between two and three inches.

Today skies are clear and the wind is silent.  The cat however is complaining loudly.  The cold weather interrupted his normal routine and he is not happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment