Sunday, January 16, 2011

It's Raining

Photo by Penny Hall  Madison River from Lions Park

Photo by Penny Hall    Madison River from Lions Park

Photo by Penny Hall

Photo by Penny Hall
It is thirty-eight degrees and raining in Ennis today.  I drove across the river to check on the highway situation. 

As I crossed the Madison River heading toward Cameron I noticed a significant channel had opened and the river was flowing more freely along the south bank.

I traveled further to investigate the area where flooding occurred on the highway.   The ice that formed a barrier on the guard rails is melting but the road remains clear.  There are some water puddles and the road is wet from rain.

Traveling back across the river I stopped at Lions Park. I walked to the river's edge and discovered another channel opening up on this side of the river.

The weather is expected to remain pretty much the same all week.  We are loving the warmer temperatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment