Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Snow, Cold and Solitude

Photo by Ken W. Hall
"Snow, cold and solitude…all these were present as I watched a yearling mule deer in refuge in our front yard instinctively and methodically chewing the few sunflower seeds gathered moments before from under the bird feeder. These seeds mixed with leaves from the juniper tree brought a connection and nourishment to an instinct strongly remembered and trusted for survival in seemingly hard times. Did I give this day enough thanks for warm cereal, cozy rooms and shelter from the wind? Because I posed the question, maybe not. My soul feels lighter since I questioned."
                                                                                           - Ken W. Hall

It is very cold outside...windy and ten degrees.  Just a couple inches of snow fell last night.  Enough to create icy and snow packed roads all the way to Bozeman.  Looks like we are in for another really cold night.

No comments:

Post a Comment