Sunday, March 20, 2011

Flying Eagles

Photo by Ken W. Hall    Title:  Flying with My Brother

"Today I flew with my brother, he with wind and wing and I in my mind."
--- Ken W. Hall

We saw our first robin on the way to the lake yesterday.  The day before Ken captured the above photo of an eagle in Jeffers.

The lake is slowly thawing.  We could see open water in a few spots.

As we traveled into bear trap canyon we passed several fishermen getting in some time on the Madison river before the run off begins.  It was windier in the canyon than in town but by the time we returned home the storm was creating heavy winds in town.

Temperatures were close to forty when we left for the lake.  Once at home temperatures began to drop and the snow fell.  It was a beautiful snow fall that looked to be about one or two inches.

It feels so good to see signs of spring after a long winter.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely eagle capture Penny.
    I saw my first robin at home yesterday... spring is dancing with the end of winter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tammie Lee. I love your choice of words "spring is dancing with the end of winter". It is a perfect description of our transition here in Montana.

    ReplyDelete