Friday, August 19, 2011

Madison River Magic

Photo by Penny Hall
I was feeling overwhelmed this morning with so much to do and so little time.  I knew I had to take a break and head for the Madison River.

I love that Ennis is located right on the river.  It takes me less than five minutes to locate a place on its banks.  Today it was a rock on the waters edge.

There is something special about visiting the river.  The sound of the rushing water as it flows past is so soothing.

After drinking in the beauty and wonder of nature's bountiful gifts I began to feel an inner calm.  I took a few more moments to express my gratitude for the grace that brought me all the gifts I enjoy in my life.

Refreshed I headed back to my studio with a little clearer direction and a lot more energy to move forward.

Once again we are blessed with spectacular weather today.  It was forty-five degrees when I got up and it is expected to be in the eighties again today.  The lack of wind makes it even more enjoyable.

2 comments:

  1. I love this... it would be soothing to me too... my mom was raised on a homestead in the Madison River Valley in the early 1900s, she would be 100 this fall...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I have had the pleasure of meeting several old timers and hear their stories. I wish I could have known your mother. She must have been a wonderful lady.

    ReplyDelete