Friday, February 24, 2012

Snow, Wind and Rain

Photo by Ken W. Hall

Photo by Ken W. Hall

Photo by Ken W. Hall
This week brought us snow, wind and rain.  Earlier in the week we witnessed the most beautiful gentle snow fall of large flakes that float gently to the ground. Then came steady strong winds with rain and snow mixed.

Temperatures ranged from the teens in the mornings to as high as forty-eight during the day.  Today it is twenty degrees and the sun is shining.  The absence of wind is welcome.

This was a great week to play in my studio.  I allowed myself to play with new techniques and color applications.  Ken's sister was here visiting and we were like a couple of kids playing with paints for the first time.  Life is good, especially when shared with family and friends.


2 comments:

  1. What beautiful photographs, as usual. Ken is so talented. And you are as well. I love your descriptions. I love your joy too. It warms my heart. We are having a warm winter, even for Houston. It was in the 80's this week. How I dread summer. Lots of love to you! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bonnie. It seems the weather is unusual in most areas of the US. Thanks for checking in. We love you, too.

      Delete