Monday, April 8, 2013

Rain, Wind and Snow

© 2013 Penny Hall
Yesterday it was cloudy with rain off and on through the day.  It was a bit breezy but in the forties.

I was awakened this morning about four-thirty to the sound of strong winds causing the screen on the bedroom window to rattle.  The house felt colder than it has the past few days.

When I got up later I noticed the snow and the thermometer.  The twenty degree temperature combined with the relentless wind made it feel like winter again.

I am grateful for the moisture and the few calm days of warmth and sunshine.

2 comments:

  1. brrrrr - 84 here today and 90 tomorrow - too hot too early here. In a couple of weeks we'll see you and Ken in beautiful Ennis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I would love to feel that warm after a long winter. We are so looking forward to your arrival. Please let us know as soon as you get here, neighbor!

    ReplyDelete