Monday, September 9, 2013

Smokey Skies and the Moon

©2013 Ken W. Hall



There have been a few really heavy rainfalls these past few days.  It is  unusual to have so much moisture this time of year.   Temperatures remain in the eighties for daily highs and in the forties in the mornings.  

Ken sent me this photo with his comments.  I thought I would share them with you.  The image is spectacular.

Penny

This image was captured the evening of August 20, 2013 at 7:40 pm. That evening the valley was filled with intense smoke from fires in Montana, Idaho and California.

I got a phone call from a great artist friend, Bill Sweney, who lives with his wife Karen in Bozeman. At their home they have deck and yard with a due east view of the Bridger Mountains and in particular the pass that heads to Livingston. Bill called to see what kind of "show" we were getting here in our valley. Since the moon rises approximately 15-20 minutes prior to ours here, the call was enough lead time to grab my bag and head east 1 1/2 blocks to an open sage field where I sat poised and waited for the moon to peer over the Madison Range.

The majesty of the Creator never ceases to amaze me!

Ken


No comments:

Post a Comment