Friday, January 3, 2014

2014 Greetings from Ennis, Montana

©2014 Penny Hall
Happy New year from Ennis, Montana.  2014 is here and today the wind is ushering in a new storm.  Although December brought several days of below zero temperatures our holidays were nice and travel was easy.

The Madison River gorged during the sub zero temps and is beginning to open up a few pathways.  I took this photo from Lion's Park a few days ago.  Water from the gorged river flooded the park.  I could cross both bridges but ice prevented me from walking further.

As I traveled to the office this morning just before 8:00 AM it was nice to see so many cars parked along main street.  The local cafe's were filled with customers.  That is a great start to the new year.

It was thirty degrees when I got up at 5:00 AM.  The weather man predicts rain and snow today.  Sub zero temps are expected for a couple of days at night.  Then
 it should warm back up to the twenties and thirties late next week.

Watching the national news I feel blessed to be here.  Compared to other places in the United States we are experiencing a milder winter so far.


2 comments:

  1. Happy new year to both !
    Here is not very cold these days.

    Tomás.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you as well, Tomas. I trust this will be a wonderful year for you.

    ReplyDelete