Monday, May 26, 2014

Apple Blossoms

© 2014 Ken W. Hall
"This is such a special time of the year. The wonder of Nature dances a waltz with a full and subtle swath of color. Our apple tree is in full bloom. Sit quietly and smell the fragrance."
                                                                                                                       -- Ken W. Hall

There is a small apple tree in the backyard of our new residence.  It opened up yesterday and today it is in full bloom.  Ken captured this image.  Our neighbor said they are so fragile a strong wind or rain and they will all be gone.  

We just experienced a wind so strong willow branches fell to the ground.  I hope enough of the blossoms survive to enjoy apples this fall.

Spring is in the air.  Birds prepare their nests.  Yards are being groomed.  Gardeners prepare their soil for planting.  The lilac bushes are blooming and filling the air with a sweet fragrance.

The days are longer and we go to bed and wake up to the sound of birds singing.  Temperatures range from forty in the mornings to as high as seventy during the day.  The past couple of days we experienced brief evening showers.

I love this time of year.  

2 comments:

  1. I believe that your life is very happy there. It is my opinion.

    Tomás.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomas, I have learned to look for the good no matter where I am and make the choice each day to be happy. Thank you for noticing. I appreciate your comments and keeping up with my little blog.

    ReplyDelete