Thursday, July 7, 2011

Madison River Flows Fast


It was hard to imagine the flooding in Montana that was reported to me while I was in Arkansas.  Today I visited the Madison River and Lions Park to see what the run off is looking like. 

This video was taken in Lions park.  The ending was a little odd because I did not realize it was taking a movie instead of stills.  I don't remember a time since we moved here that the river has been this high.

As you can tell our clear blue skies changed to thunder clouds.  It is raining as I write this.  I heard the sound of raindrops a few minutes ago.  The thermometer says seventy degrees.  This is a nice change to the heat of the past couple of days.

It has been a busy day in my studio.  My Etsy shop is up and running again.  I filled an order and started staining pieces I left drying in April.  It is good to be working my studio again.

No comments:

Post a Comment