Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Special Forth of July

 Photo by Penny Hall
 Photo by Penny Hall

 Photo by Penny Hall

 Photo by Penny Hall  
I returned home from Arkansas late Sunday evening just in time to celebrate the 4th of July.  I woke to the sound of silence pierced only by the occasional singing bird and a cow welcoming the dawn.

My luggage failed to arrive so I located a pair of sweats and a jacket and savored my morning cup of tea outdoors on my newly decorated deck.  Admiring Ken's handy work I was overwhelmed with a deep sense of gratitude for all the gifts I have been given. 

After three months apart Ken and I had much to share as we chatted and prepared to attend the annual parade downtown.  Neighbors came out to greet me and welcome me home as we walked downtown for the parade.

While I was gone Ken found outlets in Ennis where friends and collectors will be able to purchase our art work this summer.  So we left early enough for Ken to show me the canvases and prints on display at the newly opened Banditios Restaurant and Gravel Bar Grill

Our second stop was Maydak Gallery to see yet a different collection of Ken's images as well as well as my blessing bowls.  We arrived just in time to meet a customer who was purchasing one of my leather bowls.  It is such a joy for me to get acquainted with collectors of my work. 

As usual there was an enormous crowd for the parade.  Old friends welcomed me home with heart felt hugs and new friends shared in the celebration of life and freedom. 

This year I felt a deeper sense of love and appreciation for the lives of the friends and neighbors that work tirelessly to make Ennis such a great place to live.  There is a unique quality of life shared by those who make the Madison Valley their home.  Perhaps that intangible essence that can only be felt is one of the reasons so many visitors return year after year.

It feels so good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment