Sunday, October 16, 2011

Regal Deer

Photo by Ken W. Hall


We met around 6:00 pm on October 11, 2011. While walking home I felt his presence and quickly snapped my head to lock onto his path of site. He was lazy, slightly sleepy and majestic. He was definitely a regal being of his own kind. He had staked his claim outside a friends fence in order not to leave himself without an avenue of flight in dire emergency. He breathed slowly and fully with calm reserve. He was composed and patient as is waiting for the rut which was in the air. His harem would find him when the unseen signal of their ancestors sounded.

I walked with a heightened gate to my studio a half block away and palmed my weapon, a Canon. It was not a canon that would bring life to an end but an instrument of truth and wisdom that would facilitate two elders to come together to share wisdom, stories and implement peace. He rested on his vestment of hide and hair and I on my knees of denim and boot.

At the conclusion of gazing into the mystery of the other we concluded the ceremony complete each in our own method and desire. He had seen my Soul and I his. With this an unseen signal had been sent forth. Let the Peace begin and spread through all living things.

It was done so I climbed back to my feet, bowed and walked home. I wonder where he slept that night? But what I really wonder is if he was real or just a vision of my own regal holiness. Either way it is good, no not good but perfect. i slept in my own bed with a Soul at rest in its true essence. It was a good day.
                                                                                                          --  Ken W. Hall


Ken sent me this photo he got a few days ago.  Tonight it is raining.  It was cloudy most of the day and in the fifties to low sixties.  Looks like it will be in the thirties in the mornings and fifties during the day for the next week.  The fall colors are beautiful and the deer are all over town.

No comments:

Post a Comment