Sunday, June 24, 2012

An Evening at Sun Ranch

Photo by Penny Hall

Photo by Penny Hall

Photo by Penny Hall

Yesterday we had the pleasure of participating in a celebration of the tenth anniversary of the Madison River Foundation.  The owners of the Sun Ranch were gracious enough to allow the foundation to hold this event at their lodge.

Ken produced a DVD presentation documenting the first ten years of the organization.  We were there at the beginning and have watched it grow and expand its scope.  The DVD was a beautiful honoring of the people and the place they work so hard to protect and preserve.

The two hundred plus guests were having so much fun the event lasted much longer than expected.  Those who stuck it out to the end gave even more to the cause by participating in the the silent and live auctions.  Although the partners of the Sun Ranch  were newcomers they jumped right in and helped generate additional donations to help support the efforts of the MRF.

As an observer my heart was warmed by their generosity and enthusiastic support.  I was especially appreciative of the participation of their dog who gave me a big kiss at a much needed time during my duties as one of the hosts.

With the exception of the ever present wind, the weather was warm and awesome. The Sun Ranch is a spectacular location to be reminded of how blessed we are to live in this magnificent valley with people who love and honor the land and its inhabitants.


3 comments:

  1. This summer I will visit several cities in Montana and I learn a bit of life out there. I will share my impressions here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing here. I look forward to hearing about your trip to Montana. I trust it will be awesome.

      Delete
  2. Here in Madrid, today almost all day 40 ° C. In the morning 30 ° C.

    Greetings!!.

    ReplyDelete