Sunday, June 17, 2012

Suddenly Summer

Photo by Penny Hall
The clouds over the Madison valley are dark this morning.  The gentle breeze and sixty degree temperatures at sunrise felt wonderful.

Yesterday we were fortunate to have perfect weather in the morning for our Farmer's Market.  It was in the forties as we were setting up.  On our way home the car thermometer registered eighty-two.  It felt like summer.

The Ennis Art Walks kicked off their summer season Friday evening.  I was honored to be the featured artist for Maykak Gallery.  Local friends and neighbors along with a few tourists enjoyed ta feast for their eyes as well as their souls.  My photographer became so involved in the festivities he forgot to take photos.  Sadly I have none to share.

Today is the big Lions Club Father's Day Fishing Tournament at Lions Park where fathers fish the pond with their children.  I see some patches of clear sky forming.  Perhaps it will clear up in time for the annual event.

There were lots of cars on main street when I ventured out early this morning for this photo.  The number of summer visitors is increasing.  I love to watch our community wake up each summer to the sights and sounds of summer vacationers.

2 comments:

  1. With this photo, you have put to me the fear in the body. In July I will go to Montana to see what the weather will do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need to be afraid. We got some wind but no rain. The skies cleared and it was a beautiful day. Right now it is windy and eighty degrees. It is 8:00 PM in the evening. After you get back from your visit to Montana you must let me know how it went. Safe journey.

      Delete