Thursday, August 2, 2012

Full Moon

©2012 Ken W. Hall  
Last night was full moon.  Ken captured this from our front yard.  I never cease to be amazed at our awesome skies here in Big Sky country.

The past few days have been a blur.  I took a trip to Idaho and Wyoming  scouting potential new galleries.  We displayed at the Farmer's Market and the 320 Guest Ranch Art Rendezvous.  Our last show at the ranch is coming up this Monday evening.

The weather has been hot.  Scattered afternoon showers have helped on the days the rain fell.  Yesterday we enjoyed lunch on our deck under the shade of our table umbrella.  We were so busy both of us forgot to lower the umbrella.  While preparing dinner I noticed our umbrella was gone.  A gust of afternoon wind must have caught it and carried it away.  Alas, it is nowhere to be found.

As always our morning temperatures are lovely in the fifty degree range.  By noon it is in the nineties.  Whenever I am tempted to complain about the heat I remind myself this is wonderful compared to the 100 plus temperatures with high humidity in other parts of the country.

There are so many things I love about our beloved Montana.

7 comments:

  1. Yesterday I came here to Madrid from Montana. I could never forgive this travel. I have seen:

    Glascier Country (Missoula,Kalispell,Whitefish and more..)
    Russell Country (Great Falls, and more)
    Missouri River Country (This not)
    Gold West Country (Helena,Butte and more)
    Yellowstone Country (Bozeman,Belgrade, and more.The Lewis and Clark caverns. Livinston)
    Custer (Billings,National Little Bighorn,NM)

    The best thing for me is the Absaroka Beartooth
    wilderness and Glacier country.
    I Know also Ennis i was in the Madison Valley Public Library and I was talking with two women
    and say something this blog. I only sais I came from Madrid.

    In one word I liked very much Montana.

    Tomás. (from Madrid)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lewis and Clark caverns,in Gold West Country, not in Yellowstone, as before said, and The Yellowstone National Park are for nother day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tomas,

    I wish I had known you were in Ennis. I would have loved to meet you in person. It sounds like you had an amazing trip. You covered a lot of ground in a short time. Montana is a beautiful and awesome state. Thank you so much for sharing with me your journey.

    Blessings,

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. What things are the best in Montana ...? I would like to know your opinion. For me, I have told it, is the Beartooth and the Glacier.

    Cities very nice... Whitefish, Virginia city and some others more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tomas,

    I have not been to Glacier but I have been told it is beautiful. I love the area where I live and south to Yellowstone. The paradise valley is lovely as well. Every place has its own special beauty if we just look for it.

    I am grateful you had the opportunity to travel to Montana and experience the wonder of the Big Sky Country.

    Blessings,

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely post Penny
    i wonder where your umbrella flew away to...
    yes a hot summer, which helps to remember that summer did indeed visit.
    I am surprised you have not been to Glacier, does that mean you have not been to GNP? I guess it is a long drive for you.
    lovely summer days and nights to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tammie Lee,

    I have not been but intend to take the trip, perhaps next summer. Perhaps one day we will be able to meet in person. I really love your photography and appreciate your kind comments.

    Blessings,

    Penny

    ReplyDelete