Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Buffalo Smoke

© 2009 Ken W. Hall                  Buffalo Smoke, Yellowstone National Park
I took my own image today to share with you documenting the ever present smoke that lingers in the air.  As I attempted to download it from my camera my card reader took its last breath.  I leave in the morning for Arkansas to visit my family so there is no time to get it fixed.

So, I began to look for one of the images I have from Ken.  This one is an old one worth sharing again.  The photo was taken in Yellowstone National Park.  A geiser is responsible for the smoke you see in the picture.

Ken was fishing in the park last week and said they did not see many animals.  That is unusual for this time of year but temperatures are above normal.

The smoke from the fires still hangs around.  There are times when it is so thick we cannot see the mountains.  Temperatures are in the thirties and forties in the mornings and eighties in the afternoons.  There is still no sign of rain.

I will be out of town for two weeks.  If time permits I will get a report from Ken and post it here.  If you do not hear from me just know I will be back with another post  after October 2nd.


No comments:

Post a Comment