Thursday, September 8, 2011

A Fabulous Day

Photo by Penny Hall

Photo by Penny Hall
Labor Day we spent the morning walking along the Madison River.  The water was so clear I had to stop and take a picture.  Then I noticed two baby osprey in their nest.  As I attempted to get a good shot my battery died and the new ones were dead as well. 

I knew it was a day to just soak in the beauty and wonder of the day.  We observed geese, sand hill cranes, and baby deer.  The sky was clear.  There were butterflies and lots of flowers still in bloom. 

We took time to sit on a couple of boulders beside the river and drink in the sound it makes as it rushes past flowing over the rocks.  I love taking time to commune with nature.  It always seems to wash away the stress and concerns that prevent me from enjoying the present moment.

The weather continues to be delightful with cool mornings in the thirties and forties.  By late afternoon it is in the eighties to low nineties.  We are truly blessed and life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment