Wednesday, November 30, 2011

The View from Lions Park

Photo by Penny Hall

Photo by Penny Hall
I wanted to go sit by the Madison river yesterday but the fishing accesses were closed.  Luckily we have not had much snow so I was able to go to Lions Park and sit on a bench above the river.  There is nothing more soothing than the sound of the river.

As you can tell a storm was brewing and headed our way.  The wind picked up later in the evening and this morning began with rain then turned to snow.  They are predicting two to five inches in the valley and six to ten in higher elevations.

As much as I would prefer winter wait a little longer I am sure the dance will soon end and I will be forced to settle into the quiet life style only winter brings.  It is sort of like a bear settling into its den for the winter.

So far, it has been an unusual weather pattern much like the rest of the country. 

No comments:

Post a Comment