Monday, October 22, 2012

Snow Today

©2012 Ken W. Hall                                                ken.hall@bearfeather.com
I know this photo does not fit the title, but my card reader is not working and I am unable to share my photos at the moment.

Ken was fascinated last week by this beautiful flower that survived the first frost and managed to bloom indoors.  Ken carefully placed backdrop paper behind the flower and using the light from the window created this lovely image.

Today it was in the twenties when we woke.  Then about 1:00 PM it began to snow.  The flakes were those beautiful large ones that float gently to the ground without a trace of wind.  It was so peaceful to watch.

For a brief time I thought it would stick but by late afternoon all traces of snow were gone.  It was a gentle reminder that winter is just around the corner.  And, the flower image is a reminder of the beautiful summer just past.


4 comments:

  1. Autumn is a factory of illusions and ideas for romantics. He has more fans, I think, that spring. It is a source of inspiration. Do I right ...?.

    Have a good one !

    Tomás.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tomas, what a beautiful way to describe Autumn. It has always been my favorite season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pic is beautiful (as always). This flower is so perfect - God is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @flyfishers This is one of my favorite flowers from this summer. I agree with you completely.

    ReplyDelete